Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tom's Therapy Schedule for Jan 2 - 6

The hospital staff has put Tom on a full schedule of activities next week, due to his pneumonia clearing up and his feeling a little better overall.

If this schedule looks quite full, it's because he has to do physical therapy, occupational therapy, assistive technology, counseling, medical conference, and classes to teach him about personal care, such as how to do catheters and such. I go to some of these classes as well.

We would encourage visitors to check this schedule before coming to see him and not come during a therapy/class time.

Most of the evenings are free, and he definitely enjoys and is encouraged by visitors.

Here's the schedule:


DAY CLASSES/ACTIVITIES

Monday - 10:30 - 12:00; 1:00 - 3:30
Tuesday - 10:00-12:00; 1:00 - 2:30; 4:30 - 5:30
Wednes. - 9:30 - 12:00; 1:00 - 4:00
Thursday - 10:30 - 12:00; 1:00 - 3:30
Friday - 9:00 -12:00; 1:00 - 2:30

3 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,
We have never met but I have known Pat,Frank and Margaret for some time. Frank and I are old Navy buddies. Something over a year ago I made my first trip to Houston to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Pat and Frank were out of town but Margaret steped in and with the help of members of our church all my transportation needs to the many hospital visits were taken care of. Now I fly down every 3 months for test and Frank and Pat are always there at the airport to meet us. I don't know how they stand us, but I am truly grateful for their love and friendship.
My prayers are for you that you will make a quick recovery and be able to enjoy life. May God bless you and your family.
Tom & Carol Fox
Catawba, NC

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom & Michele,
Tom will (maybe) remember me as his old neighbor from Morton, PA. I was Jane Broughton then but I am now Jane Rosen. The Cox family and I grew up together, spending time in each other's houses. 'Nuff said as to identification!
Tom I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Pat let me know right away. Today I got an e-mail from her giving the link to the blog. I tried to phone you today but my timing was off. Michele was getting something to eat. Michele, you DO have to be sure to eat even if you aren't hungry. Having lost my husband in december of '04 and having been home caring him for the preceding year, I know how rewarding it can be, but you do have to find that strength that God gives you. He does want us to help out by taking care of ourselves, too.
It sounds like you are in a great facility. They will know all the things to do to help you get well sooner.
Please know that my sister Mary Anne and I are saying prayers for you . . . no matter what religion a person practices, prayers should help in some way we may not even know.
I'll try to keep in touch and up to date on your progress.
Jane

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessing Tom, Seeing your picture I remember you at the Fox....I work upstairs also. Am sending you my Prayers for your recovery. Stay strong and keep the faith. God Bless you and your Family.

Rosemary Armour

 

Post a Comment

<< Home